Search This Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Trying to cover everything.... and poorly at that!

OK - Star asked me to blog on the Giro and Lilly wants me to talk about the French Open, and Jock is probably just nursing a hangover. I'm watching Zack Grienke pitch again today. He truly is a rock star... for a small market guy.
OK - Giro - not sure what happened on Friday or Saturday's stages. I read the results and Sastre won on Friday, but didn't shake up the top five, the Saturday stage was won by a young rider who I hadn't heard of, and today was the TT. With nice weather for the start, and early starting Lithuanian TT champion won the whole thing, with Bradley Wiggins coming in only 1 second back. Menchov biffed in the last K (couldn't find a shot of the crash) but still finished in the top 10 overall and secured the win. Here's some pics: 1, 2, 3. But seriously, Rabobank, spring for a pink aero helmet, orange clashes.
Big news at Roland Garros, which of course we could not see since I don't have Tennis Network, and according to our only non family reader, didn't even show the Rafa match. The big Swede, Robin Soderling, upset the 4 time defending champion in 4 sets. And although I am cheering for Andy, I really kind of hope that this makes the path for Rogerer a little smoother to enable him to finally get his career Slam.
And of course, a big shout out to the nephew V, who, at the age of 13, can intelligently discuss the MLB, NBA, NHL, and still pop off with a "Rafa is killer on clay..." comment. He doesn't even have cable for crying out loud!

2 comments:

  1. Dang, Jock, I went through all the cyclingnews.com photos. Those were posted after I looked. But, thanks, those are good. Plus, they better have some yellow booties in case Denis is good at the TdF. That orange clashes with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo - way to cover multiple sports on one post.
    Yeah V's a stud, I think its because his godmother rocks :0)

    ReplyDelete