Search This Blog

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stage 6 - Crash-tastic

My favorite Norse God won today!! I have a special place in my heart for a world-class athlete that can eat a danish and have a latte 45 minutes before a TT.

Little story that I have already told most people... Star and I were at the Tour of California stalking some of our favorite cyclists, and since we had been up a while and since Solvang is a big Danish town, we decided to stop for a quick break at a little bakery right behind where the Cervelo bus was parked.

To my great delight, the lovely and large Thor Hushovd was standing at the counter ordering a roll. Tapping him on the shoulder, I nervously asked if I could have a picture with him. Apparently, Star was a little shaky too, since the picture is a little blurry. I then pulled a very stalker-y move and took a table RIGHT next to him and took a picture with my camera phone so that I could tell everyone that I had coffee with the God of Thunder!!!

I did stop short of taking his used coffee cup....

boo

I was totally there, it all happened as she says. -star

Way to stalk sister! Did he really have a latte? or was it espresso?

Stage 6 was also Road-Rash-riffic- Lil

It might have even been a mocha, since it looked like there were little chunks of chocolate on the sides of the cup. Wait, did I say too much? OK - that just sealed the creepy-ness of the stalking... boo

No comments:

Post a Comment