Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dear Westminster Kennel Club,

Seriously.....seriously why would you plan your dog show during the same time as the XXI Winter Olympic Games? I know you've presented you dog show every year since 1877, but couldn't you have moved it one week earlier. Or perhaps to a warmer month where you won't loss a Maltese Snow Dog, in the snow. But personally the world would be a better place if most of those toy breeds got lost in a snow drift.
Us obscure sport fans live for the Olympics with it's unrecognizable athletes participating in nonsensical games in unusual locations around the world. True, the Winter Olympics have been around only since 1924, but just because you've been around the longest doesn't make you right. As you may, or may not, know I'm the youngest of the blogogroup and I'm right, a lot!
So Westminster Kennel Club I'm afraid that this year you have taken a backseat, or more appropriately you are in the dog house. I'm watching grown adults throw stones across ice, slide down snow covered mountains with either 1 or 2 boards scraped to their feet, glide around in circles on ice with strips of metal on the bottom of their shoes and say "eh" a lot. Yes, if I was just slightly more ambitious (or had just a little support from my sisters) I would be one of those crazed fans on the side of the bobsled run with the US flag painted on my face and a rainbow wig on my head...U-S-A!!!
Sincerely,STAR
P.S. I know I'm just one of a handful of people in which this schedule actually causes a conflict, but my opinion does matter and more then you think.

1 comment:

  1. Star,
    I feel like Westminster is testing you, but now knows it is destined to lose. Just imagine having NBA All-Star weekend thrown on top of all this - torn, so torn.
    Extra points for using nonsensical in a post!
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete