Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cycling update

I know, the Giro started last weekend and I haven't updated. Well, that's because the first stage I was going to update was stage 3, the same stage that saw the first rider die racing in the Grand Tour in 16 years. So, I didn't really know Wouter Weylandt, but watching stage 4 was the saddest stage I've ever seen. It's been tough to get into the mood of racing. Going into the first rest day we have Alberto Contador about a minute lead on the peloton.
The Tour of Califonia was to start today, but it's snowing around Lake Tahoe, so they've cancelled the stage. It's a good thing they moved the ToC from February to May 2 years ago to avoid inclement weather. Heavy sigh. But Dave Z was happy. Oh and tomorrow the route goes over Donner Pass, I hope cycling has had enough tragedy for now.
-Star

No comments:

Post a Comment