Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

VINO...the cyclist, not the drink (updated twice)

Love him or hate him (and sometimes both at the same time) he's back. This last Sunday Alexandre "Vino" Vinokourov won the last Classic of the season, Liege - Bastogne - Liege. Much to the chagrin to some fans at the finish, and the media afterwards. But Vino's not going to put up with that, and will definitely add interest to the rest of the season (rubbing hands together).
On a note that makes my eyes sad, Karsten Kroon is having facial reconstruction surgery today. I know it's not a name I throw around a lot here, but believe me it should be. He did the whole "face catch me" with 70 km left in Fleche Wallone and turned into a bloody mess (open with caution). I prefer the precrash photos.

UPDATE: Karsten's surgery went well, with little to no scarring. It's a good day.
MORE UPDATE: The Mark Cavendish vs. Andre Greipel saga is still going. I guess someone will have a new team next year.

EVEN MORE UPDATE: Mark Cavendish is going to make this season interesting. This salute in Britain is same as flipping the bird in the U.S.
-star

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the warning - I had to ask myself if I really wanted to see the post crash pictures (answer: yes)
    Poor Vino, that's what happens when you cheat and get caught - you gotta prove yourself all over again.
    Mark is wanting to be on Astana cira 2009, OMG Drama!

    ReplyDelete